Who We Are
ELM2 Advisors is a group of highly experienced academicians and M+A practitioners seeking to provide Higher Education Institutions with sound advice as they move through unfamiliar circumstances and transactions. Our wide range of practical experience enables ELM2 Advisors to engage you and your Institution in a relationship different from a typical consultant or investment banker. ELM2 Advisors principals have long careers as university faculty members and have all been senior administrators, principals and fiduciaries in our respective businesses and academic institutions. We have experienced many of the challenges you are facing and bring our practical learnings to bear on your institution’s behalf.
- 49 years on the faculty and in leadership positions of major research universities.
- Former president of Thunderbird School of Global Management and Colorado State University (“CSU”) where he developed a fully online affiliate of CSU Global.
- Former dean of the W.P. Cary School of Business at Arizona State University where he was a key player in the initial development of ASU On-Line.
- Negotiated the merger of Thunderbird with ASU
- Current board member and previous board chair of the Arizona Board of Regents.
- 17 years in banking and private investment management.
- Managing Director in charge of Acquisitions at Arroyo Energy Investors, a private equity firm focused on energy and infrastructure throughout the Americas.
- Vice President in the Commodity Principal investment division of J.P. Morgan.
- 45 years as a faculty member at major research universities. Former business school dean at:
▪ University of Delaware
▪ American University
▪ Yeshiva University (and associate provost)
▪ Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Special consultant to the president of Tulane University in the aftermath of hurricanes Katrina and Rita, led development of the strategy for the new combined School of Science and Engineering.
- Extensive international education experience, including founding of programs and schools in Central & Eastern Europe, mentorship and accreditation advising in Europe and Asia.
- 40 years on the faculty of major public and private universities. Former business school dean at:
▪ Jefferson University(FKA Philadelphia University)
▪ Marist College
▪ Bridgewater State University
- Governing Board Member, Les Roches Hospitality Education (Switzerland where he has been involved in board oversight and negotiation of campus acquisitions and mergers.